The latest salvo in the arguments about economics has been lobbed recently with the following statement from the “Being Liberal” Facebook page.
The next time someone tells you that Obama is destroying the economy, remind them that the stock market and corporate profits are at all-time highs.
When they tell you that this hasn’t helped them any, remind them they’ve just admitted Trickle-Down Economics doesn’t work.
To which, there is a simple, cogent and ruthless response:
Trickle-down economics has never been tried. The government has actively meddled for over a century in the country’s economy through wealth redistribution of various efforts that has involved confiscatory taxation. To wit,
- consider over the past 50+ years that $22T of forced wealth redistribution has taken place in the infamous “War on Poverty”.
- remember the Federal Government has a current debt of $19.3T that is mainly through the suspension of the debt limit in order to keep the gravy train going for the RINOs, Leftists, and Socialists in Con-gress. (Face facts, the Democrat Party ceased existence way back in 1984 when Walter Mondale couldn’t get the job done to express meaningful economic thoughts.)
- consider also that no business or company has ever functioned since the turn of the 19th Century (1900 for those who can’t quite grasp that) without some type of governmental assistance under the guise of “keeping the economy strong.”
- recall that so-called “capital investment” in Fortune 500 – and especially the F100s – through stocks and bonds is solely for the purpose of keeping the stock and bond markets solvent through a location to park cash for “deferred taxation” which is more correctly termed “governmental theft”.
- recall the outright lie known as ObamaCare which now thieverously forces everyone to take on an added burden of so-called “healthcare insurance” or risk paying a fine as an individual or as a business if you do not pay into the open cauldron.
If you are really going to try this prattle against trickle-down economics, at least make the effort to be honest in what you are yammering. It would do wonders in making your opinion seem at least something worth considering.